Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
To select multiple locations:
PC - hold down Ctrl key;
MAC - hold down Command key.
For example: To search for all jobs in the Washington, DC Metro area, select: US-Washington, DC; US-Maryland; and US-Virginia.
Click column header to sort
Noblis is seeking an experienced and energetic business developer to lead our Proposal Operations Center. This Senior Manager will be responsible for leading, managing, and supporting the Corporate proposal development team and will be responsible for the management and execution of multiple simultaneous pursuits and the development of compliant, compelling, and winning proposals. This position is based in Reston, VA, and reports directly to our head of Corporate Business Development. The Senior Manager, Proposal Operations Center will be responsible for implementing and executing a unified proposal management approach across the team, using established methods, processes, and tools necessary to bid and win opportunities for Noblis. The Senior Manager will be responsible for assigning and coordinating the efforts of the Proposal Operations Center team, consisting of Proposal Managers, Writers, Editors and Graphic Artists across multiple bids. The candidate will integrate contracts, subcontracts, and pricing efforts to successfully complete compelling and compliant responses to solicitations/Request for Proposals (RFPs) from Federal government clients. The candidate will be responsible for preparing and supporting quick response efforts to government requests for information. The candidate will participate in proposal color reviews and provide content development expertise and ensure each bid utilizes the best and most relevant of Noblis’ capabilities, past performance, and key personnel. The ideal candidate will possess a keen attention to detail, and the ability to handle fast-paced/stressful situations well. The candidate will also demonstrate dependability and exceptional customer service skills.
- Previous management of a mid-size company’s proposal operations center/proposal resource center, to include management of proposal managers, writers, editors and graphic artists/production.
- The ability to assemble highly qualified teams capable of responding to a wide variety of complex requests for proposals supporting every Noblis business unit.
- Ability to work bids across business units, managing without direct supervision, the technical inputs to solutions and color reviewers across business units.
- Review, analyze, and interpret RFP/RFQ/RFIs to determine writing requirements and organization of content and adequately staff proposal response teams.
- Lead the development, editing, quality control and compliance of all corporate-led proposals, ensuring they address customer hot button issues; solution, approach, and/or team features and benefits; and win themes
- Dedicated time to content development and refinement of content for Noblis proposals and consistent review of proposal materials to be compelling and compliant
- Write and communicate persuasively and articulately
- Edit proposal and marketing content for grammar, punctuation, readability, and persuasiveness
- Develop and edit multiple forms of written content for readability and consistency with corporate strategy and goals
- Strong familiarity with Strategic Pricing and Price to Win Strategies
- Maintain and update Noblis’ proposal processes and tools
- Maintain and continuously improve Noblis’ repository of reusable proposal and marketing material
- Lead and support multiple proposals and shaping/marketing campaigns within the same timeframe
- Manage time proactively to plan for unforeseen short term assignments
- Demonstrate excellent professionalism and customer service skills
- Create and maintain a positive work environment, demonstrate a professional attitude, and meet established goals and responsibilities while working in cooperation with colleagues
Noblis is seeking a Senior Scientist Machine Learning for their Reston headquarters location.
The Machine Learning Senior Scientist will work across Noblis as the chief scientist for research and development (R&D) in the area of machine Learning and artificial intelligence to include computer vision, AI assurance, cybersecurity, forensics, and the life sciences, among others. The Senior Scientist will work with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Noblis and the executive team to develop and execute the strategy for the Machine Learning Research Center and associated internal R&D investment, while building Noblis’ machine learning-oriented new business funnel across the Federal Government. The Senior Scientist will work with Noblis' Mission Area Vice Presidents, business development, scientific researchers, and senior technical staff as well as proposal development teams to develop scientific solutions, integrate innovative approaches and technology, and incorporate feedback from Customers into current and new Noblis offerings and research.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Noblis.
The Senior Scientist, Machine Learning will
- Direct the Noblis Machine Learning R&D portfolio, ensuring R&D investments align to Noblis business strategy, growth objectives, and Customer research interests;
- Consult with and deliver machine learning expertise and new approaches to US Government Customers across Noblis’ Federal Civilian, Defense, Homeland Security, and National Security programs;
- Collaborate with the CTO, business development, and the executive team to develop solutions and to foster relationships with Federal Government Customers to include the DoD Services, DARPA, IARPA, the Department of Energy, and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and others;
- Identify and pursue US Government-funded S&T opportunities / solicitations to include Broad Area Announcements (BAA) and Other Transaction Authorities (OTAs);
- Research and develop innovative, complex, leading-edge scientific and technology solutions, applying machine learning approaches across business opportunities and multiple domain areas including various defense and national security use cases, multimedia (voice, text, imagery, video), and life sciences, and integrate research outcomes into business capture and proposal development efforts;
- Drive technologies, research, and prototypes derived from Noblis’ internal research and development program into new Customer accounts in collaboration with the CTO and Mission Areas;
- Work closely with scientists and technical staff (e.g., data scientists, data engineers, infrastructure engineers, and software developers) from across the company to advance the development of Noblis service and platform offerings and inform Nobis investment in scientific research;
- Guide direction of and investment in the Noblis Machine Learning lab;
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of Noblis scientific, research, and technical capabilities and relay these capabilities to Customers both directly and in formal proposal submissions;
- Provide demonstrations of Noblis solutions and capabilities to potential government clients;
- Collaborate across diverse technology, scientific, shared service, and Customer facing organizations to engage clients and develop solutions that support their mission requirements;
- Understand the needs of our Federal Civilian, Defense, and National Security markets and how to position and apply our R&D investment and solution offerings to address their requirements;
- Provide overarching scientific and technical guidance to multiple concurrent programs and research projects to ensure they are on-track, on-time and meet project requirements and target outcomes:
Noblis is positioned to provide novel technology and operational solutions to key decision makers in the CWMD office as it transitions its efforts to include more threat anticipation and threat identification support to DHS components using information obtained from its distributed sensor network capabilities and other sources. Threat understanding at its earliest point possible is critical to driving counter activities employed by DHS components and future CWMD research and development and acquisition activities.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to help develop and advance DHS new approach to counter CWMD, we are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS CWMD by providing support in the following areas
- Provide overarching technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to one of the following areas:
- Biosurveillance: data analytics and surveillance of emerging bio threats
- Biological Defense: Threat identification, distribution, detection, effects understanding, and counter options
- Agricultural Defense: Infectious disease identification, distribution, detection, effects understanding, and counter options
- Bio detection interpretation to drive targeting actions
- Drive development of decision support products
- Provide expert opinion on threat surveillance results
- Define and resolve biosurveillance system issues
- Provide risk assessments and risk mitigation solutions
- Develop plans and requirements for future analyses, R&D and acquisition needs
- Provide content to or lead the development of strategic communication and training materials to support DHS component and state and local outreach activities
- Provide program execution support as required by federal staff
- As needed, coordinate and manage activities of other scientists on the team
Noblis is positioned to provide senior management analysis to decision makers in the CWMD office as it transitions its efforts to include more threat anticipation and threat identification support to DHS components using information obtained from its distributed sensor network capabilities and other sources and its R&D and acquisition resources. Threat understanding at its earliest point possible is critical to driving counter activities employed by DHS components and future CWMD research and development and acquisition activities.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to help develop and advance DHS’s new approach to countering WMD, we are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS CWMD by assisting with the fulfillment of the office’ policy and strategy requirements as DHS’s CWMD focal point as a Senior Management Analysis for CWMD. Responsibilities include:
- Provide national level policy recommendations for veterinary public health, food defense, and agricultural security
- Provide oversight and management of the department’s responsibilities related to applicable presidential policy directive (HSPD-9)
- Coordinate stakeholder engagements and input as required
- Provide a policy review of DHS external communications and DHS ExecSec packages with chem/bio and agriculture WMD related matters
- Develop and coordinate strategic implementation plans related to veterinary public health, food defense, and agricultural security and related matters
- Develop and coordinate CWMD-wide and multi-DHS Component steady state, external operational, and contingency plans
- Provide support for the CWMD office in DHS Strategy and Policy Executive Steering Committee and DHS Operational Planning Executive Steering Committee
- Maintain and cultivate stakeholder relationships
- Apply applicable management analysis processes, modeling and simulation tools, and technical techniques as necessary to support above reports and planning.
- Employs process improvement, and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects.
- Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and additional forms of knowledge transfer.
- Serves as key coordinator among multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of management efforts.
- Assist with mandated CMWD chem/bio/agriculture reporting required by law or policy
Noblis is positioned to provide management analysis to key decision makers in the CWMD office as it transitions its efforts to include more threat anticipation and threat identification support to DHS components using information obtained from its distributed sensor network capabilities and other sources and its R&D and acquisition resources. Threat understanding at its earliest point possible is critical to driving counter activities employed by DHS components and future CWMD research and development and acquisition activities.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to help develop and advance DHS new approach to counter CWMD, we are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS CWMD by providing support as a Senior Management Analysis for Biosurveillance performing duties such as
- Develop short and long term strategic planning recommendations for information analysis and dissemination approaches to biosurveillance and threat anticipation
- Use or develop modeling and simulation tools and technical techniques to improve delivery of surveillance reporting and other strategic communication
- Employs process improvement, and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects
- Engage stakeholders as necessary to support oversight and develop and drive improvements to biosurveillance processes and techniques
- Recommend new systems, procedures or organizational changes
- Drive knowledge transfer to CWMD, DHS Components, and Federal, State, Tribal and Local responders by facilitating group meetings, interviewing, training, and implementing other forms of knowledge transfer
- Develop and maintain strategic communication products
- Develop processes to manage quality and delivery of biosurveillance reporting requirements
- Provides daily supervision and direction to personnel performing management analysis tasking
- Serve as key coordinator among multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of management efforts supporting the CWMD Office biosurveillance efforts
Noblis is positioned to provide subject matter expertise (SME) on chemical threats, threat indicators, and counter threat activities to decision makers in the CWMD office and DHS components using information obtained from distributed sensor network capabilities and other sources. Such analysis will directly impact DHS National Targeting Center Activities.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to bring SME rigor to DHS’s intelligence analysis in support of its new approach to countering WMD, we are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS CWMD by assisting with the fulfillment of the office’ policy and strategy requirements as DHS’s CWMD focal point as a Senior Scientist – Chem focus. Responsibilities include:
- Provide subject matter expertise to members of the CWMD Targeting staff and stakeholders
- Review and inform DHS component Targeting recommendations
- Connect to and cultivate information sharing and data exchange with military and other federal agencies working in this phase space
- Lead operational scientific and technical analysis
- Provide tailored strategic assessments of situations / issues, tailored reports, issue analysis papers, and other written products as requested
- Develop and refine CWMD intelligence operations, techniques and procedures
- Evaluate and adapt emerging technologies in support of assessment and intelligence exploitation operations.
This Senior Technical Strategist role provides technical and programmatic support in the DHS Science and Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals supporting the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to counter current, emerging, and future homeland security threats. Specifically, the selected candidate will support the Tech Centers front office and work closely with the Tech Center Director. The primary role of the Tech Centers is to provide a centralized suite of reusable products and support services individually tailored to the S&T program needs by identifying and sharing best practices, subject matter expertise, knowledge products, and technical services. The qualified candidate will have broad experiences across scientific disciplines, such that they can assist in developing successful strategies for enabling the Technology Centers to achieve their goals. This position will likely require significant interfacing amongst the technology centers, organization leadership, S&T portfolio and program managers, and S&T stakeholders.
This is a new position at DHS S&T, and the successful candidate will be proactive in aiding Noblis and the client in defining this role and optimizing its contributions to ensure successful outcomes for the Technology Centers.
The responsibilities of the team member may include:
- Recommending, developing, and implementing capability development strategies in areas including data analytics, modeling and simulation, hazard and threat characterization, sensors and platforms, biometrics and identity, social sciences, human factors, and interoperability,
- Developing mission statements and strategic plans,
- Developing SOPs for Technology Center engagement (e.g. requests for SME support),
- Planning and orchestrating S&T internal Industry Days for socializing tech center capabilities, rules of engagement, etc.
- Monitoring program and technical performance against goals,
- Developing status reports, PowerPoint briefings, and read-ahead materials,
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining a central repository of tech center assets (e.g. reports, personnel expertise databases, etc),
- Organizing/coordinating meetings, discussions, and seminars,
- Communicating findings to technical and non-technical audiences as needed.
This role may require non-local travel (limited- 6x/year), and some DC metro area local travel.
Noblis is hiring for Senior Subcrontracts Managers in Reston, VA
- Manage subcontracting and procurement requirements for assigned programs through all acquisition phases while ensuring compliance with Government requirements and Noblis policies and procedures within a Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) environment. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation of RFP packages, analysis and evaluation of proposals, selection of subcontractors, drafting and negotiation of subcontract and purchasing terms, and ongoing subcontract and purchase order administration.
- Work closely with Program Managers and the Contracts and Pricing Departments to ensure subcontract execution complies with customer requirements and is performed according to Noblis policies and procedures.
- Manage multiple programs simultaneously
- Mentor other subcontracts and procurement personnel.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the subcontracts and procurement area and implement industry best practices.
- Ensure compliance with small business requirements.
The User Interface Developer will design, develop and code, and deploy specialized tools and applications using Python, Perl, PHP, Java, or HTML/CSS.
These software tools will be information dashboards used by stakeholders in a 24 x 7 operations environment monitoring satellite ground systems. The purpose of the dashboards will be to increase visibility into system configurations, automate business processes, foster knowledge capture and management, optimize communications, and provide increased situational awareness across various stakeholders.
In addition, the User Interface Developer will assist the Noblis Joint Polar Satellite Systems Program team in the identification, documentation and analysis of requirements for the performance and value of Noblis developed tools.
The User Interface Developer will primarily do the following:
- Work with a team to meet with stake holders to gather technical, functional and user interface requirements from user stakeholders such as satellite systems operators and satellite engineers. The requirements will focus on the design of the informational dashboards connected to various servers or APIs. This will include solutions for cloud based services, and cross mission capabilities across multiple satellite systems (GOES-R, legacy GOES and POES).
- In an iterative development environment, the User Interface developer will design, develop, and demonstrate informational or situational awareness dashboards using the following for for both back end data acquisition and processing as well as front end design and development for a user interface:
- Java and
- Additionally, the User Interface Developer will assist the Noblis team in the design and development of knowledge management tools or services and help populate such tools with information gathered from satellite system developers, team leads, engineers and managers. The knowledge management tools will also serve as an area to capture events, issues and anomalies to help with root cause analysis and anomaly resolution.
- Work collaboratively with the Noblis team to identify additional needs for improving JPSS operations, including writing and refining requirements, verifying requirements with customer, and proposing improvements or solutions.
The candidate will be embedded with the OSPO operations staff onsite at the NOAA Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, MD, as well as at the JPSS GreenTec facility in Greenbelt, MD. The candidate will have access to both JPSS Program government staff and other JPSS prime and support contractor staff to conduct research, interviews and technical interchange meetings to gather needed information for analysis.
Overall Program Overview:
The Joint Polar Satellite Systems (JPSS) Program (www.jpss.noaa.gov) is a NOAA project (under the National Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service [NESDIS]) developing and operating a weather satellite observing system, consisting of three spacecraft, and a ground system capable of managing those spacecraft. The ground system includes antenna stations, network and telecom, telemetry and commanding, as well as data processing and distribution. The ground system developed under the JPSS program is utilized by the NESDIS Office of Satellite Products and Operations (OSPO) to operationally manage the JPSS spacecraft and the generation and distribution of products.
The Joint Polar Satellite Systems (JPSS) Program (www.jpss.noaa.gov) is a NOAA project (under the National Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service [NESDIS]) developing a weather satellite observing system, consisting of three spacecraft, and a ground system capable of managing those spacecraft. The ground system includes antenna stations, network and telecom, telemetry and commanding, as well as data processing and distribution. The ground system developed under the JPSS program is utilized by the NESDIS Office of Satellite Products and Operations (OSPO) to operationally manage the JPSS spacecraft and the generation and distribution of products.
The Noblis task with JPSS is to provide analysis of the ground segment, as implemented by the program's prime contractor, and assist with developing improvements that either 1) reduce lifecycle cost, 2) enhance usability for the operations team, or 3) increase reliability and sustainability of the ground system.
Noblis is seeking qualified technical interns for fall and winter of 2019.
Guided and mentored by our expert staff (including former interns), Noblis interns augment their classroom learning with hands-on project work in:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analytics
- Computer Science
- Autonomous Systems
- Life and Chemical/Biological Sciences
Your contributions will make an enduring impact supporting our Noblis Sponsored Research Program. The NSR program is a vital and essential part of corporate life at Noblis. Our yearly investment in this program, along with our ethical practices and code of conduct, is part of what makes us the unique nonprofit organization that we are. Noblis research is the forward-thinking seed that generates not only larger corporate work programs and roles, but also sound, sustainable solutions with enduring impacts.
Our NSR projects demonstrate the art of the possible to our clients. They enable us to create new intellectual capital and capabilities and to develop new thinking and models that will help us solve critical problems that our clients will face in the future. Noblis research allows us to expand staff capabilities and provides an interesting outlet for the creative and inventive spirit found throughout Noblis.
Noblis is consistently recognized as a “Great Place to Work” and “One of the Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For" by Glassdoor, Entrepreneur and The Great Place to Work Institute. Noblis was recognized as the top ranked government contractor on the Washington Post's 2019 Top Workplaces listing, for the sixth year in a row.