Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
To select multiple locations:
PC - hold down Ctrl key;
MAC - hold down Command key.
For example: To search for all jobs in the Washington, DC Metro area, select: US-Washington, DC; US-Maryland; and US-Virginia.
Click column header to sort
Noblis is looking for motivated individuals to support a high priority national cyber mission. In this program you will have an opportunity to work with various nation cyber operations centers in identifying, assessing, investigating and helping to mitigate cyber threats. This position is part of a national 24x7 cyber watch center for a federal law enforcement agency.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Participate in a cross-government cyber community that involves state, local and federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies and coordinate internally and with other Cyber Centers regarding ongoing cyber incidents and investigations. Monitor multiple communications nodes (multiple network-based computer notification and information sharing applications; multiple telephonic communications circuits,· other inter- and intra-agency communications systems) for reports concerning cyber-centric threats and advisories.
- Monitor multiple communications nodes for reports concerning cybercentric attacks.
- Monitor multiple communications nodes for updates concerning previously reported threats, incidents, and advisories.
- Disseminate new reports internally and externally to the Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities using multiple communication nodes.
- Maintain situational awareness of emerging and/or developing threats, cyber attacks, and ongoing federal agency cyber-centric responses.
- Perform both open and closed-source research on emerging threats and TTPs
- This position is for night shift (1730-0530) operating primarily on a 4 days on, 4 days off schedule.
Noblis’ Federal Civilian Solutions (FCS) mission is to advance and protect our federal civilian government’s infrastructure, capabilities and citizen services through applied science, lifecycle engineering, data analytics, and digital transformation solutions. Our investments in technology, innovation, and talent enable us deliver transformative capabilities that fundamentally shift the way our civilian government delivers its services and solutions.
One emerging area with transformative implications for our clients is in unmanned and autonomous systems. Noblis is increasingly engaged with our clients across the civil sector to explore how these systems may disrupt traditional aspects of land, sea, air, and space operations -- and how complex systems of autonomous machines are monitored, controlled, and secured.
Autonomous machines are active in an array of operational domains: submarine/float platforms, automated roadway vehicles, drones/unmanned aircraft, orbital platforms, and extraterrestrial rovers. Noblis is exploring how systems of multiple, connected, mobile autonomous machines can tackle complex problems no single machine, no matter how well designed, can manage in isolation. Noblis thought leadership in autonomous systems has been recognized with seven international and domestic awards in the last two years.
To augment our award-winning autonomous systems research practice, we are seeking a highly qualified technical leader to develop innovative, practical, and cross-cutting solutions for our federal clients. The Federal Civilian Solutions client portfolio includes USDOT, FAA, NASA, NOAA, GSA, IRS, SSA, CMS, USPS, and FHWA. Further, Noblis’ non-civilian clients (e.g., DoD, DHS) are actively seeking innovative self-organizing autonomous systems to meet their missions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Lead Noblis’ research teams in Noblis lab facilities developing autonomy solutions across the FCS Mission Area/Noblis enterprise portfolio. Perform hands-on hardware, software, and hardware/software integration activity while coordinating and directing team activity.
- Envision, create, and deliver cooperative autonomous capability demonstrations.
- Propose and lead innovative research as Principal Investigator within internally sponsored R&D program to anticipate client needs and deliver value; Convert research to client-funded projects and programs within an accelerated timeframe.
- Propose, lead, and execute autonomy projects for FCS clients effectively aligning resources and technical staff to deliver mission outcomes.
- Author/Co-Author papers tailored to target audiences: client-focused deliverables, academic papers (some peer-reviewed), and white papers suitable for non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with the Mission Area VP and FCS Leadership team in business development activities related to autonomy across the Noblis client portfolio, including proposal development.
- Engage in cross-mission area and cross-company strategic initiatives integrating autonomy within broader capabilities.
- Work with and across multiple Noblis Centers of Excellence to spark cross-domain innovation, drive business growth, enhance client impact and create unique Noblis differentiators.
Noblis has an opportunity for a systems engineer who wants to build for the future. Noblis is a thought leadership company that provides science and technology in the public interest by working with our customers on some of their most challenging and interesting initiatives. Our customer, the FAA, has a critical need to develop a common offshore automation system that standardizes flight data processing at facilities that manage and control oceanic air traffic. The current technologies are aging, providing an opportunity to rebuild the systems and develop common platforms. The program can leverage existing systems. Our systems engineer will work closely with the Program Management Office (PMO) to develop the work products needed to support the PMO with the acquisition management system, and the work products to deploy the new system.
Noblis is seeking a Senior Scientist Machine Learning for their Reston headquarters location.
The Machine Learning Senior Scientist will work across Noblis as the chief scientist for research and development (R&D) in the area of machine Learning and artificial intelligence to include computer vision, AI assurance, cybersecurity, forensics, and the life sciences, among others. The Senior Scientist will work with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Noblis and the executive team to develop and execute the strategy for the Machine Learning Research Center and associated internal R&D investment, while building Noblis’ machine learning-oriented new business funnel across the Federal Government. The Senior Scientist will work with Noblis' Mission Area Vice Presidents, business development, scientific researchers, and senior technical staff as well as proposal development teams to develop scientific solutions, integrate innovative approaches and technology, and incorporate feedback from Customers into current and new Noblis offerings and research.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Noblis.
The Senior Scientist, Machine Learning will
- Direct the Noblis Machine Learning R&D portfolio, ensuring R&D investments align to Noblis business strategy, growth objectives, and Customer research interests;
- Consult with and deliver machine learning expertise and new approaches to US Government Customers across Noblis’ Federal Civilian, Defense, Homeland Security, and National Security programs;
- Collaborate with the CTO, business development, and the executive team to develop solutions and to foster relationships with Federal Government Customers to include the DoD Services, DARPA, IARPA, the Department of Energy, and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and others;
- Identify and pursue US Government-funded S&T opportunities / solicitations to include Broad Area Announcements (BAA) and Other Transaction Authorities (OTAs);
- Research and develop innovative, complex, leading-edge scientific and technology solutions, applying machine learning approaches across business opportunities and multiple domain areas including various defense and national security use cases, multimedia (voice, text, imagery, video), and life sciences, and integrate research outcomes into business capture and proposal development efforts;
- Drive technologies, research, and prototypes derived from Noblis’ internal research and development program into new Customer accounts in collaboration with the CTO and Mission Areas;
- Work closely with scientists and technical staff (e.g., data scientists, data engineers, infrastructure engineers, and software developers) from across the company to advance the development of Noblis service and platform offerings and inform Nobis investment in scientific research;
- Guide direction of and investment in the Noblis Machine Learning lab;
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of Noblis scientific, research, and technical capabilities and relay these capabilities to Customers both directly and in formal proposal submissions;
- Provide demonstrations of Noblis solutions and capabilities to potential government clients;
- Collaborate across diverse technology, scientific, shared service, and Customer facing organizations to engage clients and develop solutions that support their mission requirements;
- Understand the needs of our Federal Civilian, Defense, and National Security markets and how to position and apply our R&D investment and solution offerings to address their requirements;
- Provide overarching scientific and technical guidance to multiple concurrent programs and research projects to ensure they are on-track, on-time and meet project requirements and target outcomes:
Noblis is positioned to provide a CBRN Scientist on chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear threat indicators, and counter threat activities to decision makers in the CWMD office and DHS components using information obtained from distributed sensor network capabilities and other sources. Such analysis will directly impact DHS National Targeting Center Activities.
- Conducts operational scientific and technical analysis in support of CWMD programs and mission areas.
- Leads the development of a variety of analytic decision support products that meet National decision makers’ and stakeholders’ requirements.
- More broadly, performs the functions of a technical expert in the relevant scientific field in support of CWMD programs.
- Applies scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements for further analysis.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of analysis, evaluations, and recommendations within CWMD programs in support of federal personnel.
Noblis is positioned to provide innovative GIS analysis and products to decision makers in the CWMD office as it transitions its efforts to include more threat anticipation and threat identification support to DHS components using information obtained from its distributed sensor network capabilities and other sources and its R&D and acquisition resources. Threat understanding at its earliest point possible is critical to driving counter activities employed by DHS components and future CWMD research and development and acquisition activities.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to help develop and advance DHS’s new approach to countering WMD, we are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of DHS CWMD by assisting with the fulfillment of the office’ policy and strategy requirements as DHS’s CWMD focal point as a GIS Analysis for CWMD. Responsibilities include:
- Developing, coordinating, managing, administering innovative Geographic Information Systems to provide visuals of CWMD threat space within regions of concern.
- Developing novel ways to accurately display complex intel in visual / geospatial forms for analytical use and as input to briefings, presentations, etc.
- Identifying data feeds and info streams to be leveraged/revised for use by DHS CWMD.
- Performing geospatial transformations and analysis.
- Performing spatial and temporal analysis.
- Preparing reports, performing research and providing SME opinions.
- Identifying areas of improvement in imagery coverage for DHS CWMD purposes and collaborating with the intelligence community to acquire additional coverage.
- Developing results/finding into finished intelligence products.
Noblis is seeking to hire a Learning and Development Specialist to support our Human Resources team here in Reston, VA.
Are you excited to work with a company where you can make a difference and have a passion to help employees grow thru learning and development? Are you looking for a career, not just a “job”? Then we have the position for you.
- Coordinate the complete training experience: scheduling, advertising, material preparation, communication, logistics, catering, support and training feedback.
- Perform day to day management of the Learning Management System (LMS) including entering courses, maintaining registrations, developing and deesigning courses/certifications, maintenance, and reporting.
- Review and measure use of the learning management system to ensure it is being effectively utilized. Work with team and content vendors to bring courses into the LMS.
- Track and escalate training attendance/exception and certification exceptions.
- Manage and administer pulse surveys.
- Researches and resolves a wide variety of issues and queries.
- Partner with team members to develop e-learning courses from Word documents, video, PowerPoint presentations and more.
- Co-facilitate onboarding and other established programs.
- Experience working independently; anticipating and adapting to changing priorities,
- Measure and analyze the results of your work and make improvement suggestions.
Noblis is expanding cyber-related work with 16th Air Force and other San Antonio-area Intelligence, Cyber and Defense-related clients and is seeking a Cybersecurity Lead Engineer to join our growing team. This position will serve as the vanguard supporting client work in San Antonio while also supporting business growth initiatives and fostering collaboration with local partners such as the University of Texas San Antonio (UTSA) National Security Collaboration Center (NSCC). This position will support Noblis Sponsored Research (NSR) capability development efforts and support clients directly, resulting in an 80% direct/20% indirect work balance that enables mission contribution while furthering technical acumen.
As the Cybersecurity Lead Engineer, you will provide technical support and subject matter expertise (SME) for 16th Air Force intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) and cyberspace operations. You will also provide senior technical assistance on Air Force ISR, offensive cyberspace operations, defensive cyberspace operations and information operations. You will lead studies and analyses requested by Air Force, USCYBERCOM, DOD, National Security Agency and other sponsors. Through this client interfacing work, you will be able to research and advise Noblis leadership on potential 16AF or other San Antonio-based opportunities and assess, recommend, and partner with San Antonio industry and academia to increase Noblis presence and client contributions.
As a Noblis technical leader in the San Antonio area, you will also support UTSA NSCC research activities and represent Noblis interests by facilitating and supporting strategic planning aimed at identifying and prioritizing cybersecurity research initiatives in coordination with UTSA NSCC Federal partners relevant to client requirements. These activities will directly influence and provide advice/assistance on NSR capability investment activities relevant to local clients such as 16AF, USCYBERCOM, National Security Agency, DHS, and others.
Manage proposal efforts (in coordination with Senior Proposal Manager and account capture teams) to ensure delivery of compelling, compliant submissions in a cost-effective manner; facilitate the proposal review process and uphold compliance with Noblis' proposal process and RFP schedule; ensure efficient use of proposal resources. Use and suggest improvements to Noblis' proposal process, templates, checklists, standard write-ups, tools, proposal repository, and compliance checks; provide process training and required skills training to the mission area and account proposal teams. Must be flexible and adaptable; focused on details; organized and able to maintain order through rapid proposal pace or unpredictable changes in schedule.
- Develop and deliver compelling, compliant, on-time proposals
- Learn, adopt, and advocate the Noblis capture and proposal processes
- Help build, lead, and motivate diverse teams of management and technical professionals through Noblis' proposal process
- Own the entire proposal effort through its full lifecycle; understand the hand-offs of responsibility and the importance of managing delegation
- Be able to manage multiple proposals or task order responses concurrently
- Develop proposal outlines, compliance matrices, proposal schedules, and provide direction to leadership and cross-functional teams assigned to work proposal efforts
- Conduct effective proposal kickoffs
- Coordinate and manage color reviews and determine and execute recovery plans
- Run efficient and effective color team reviews
- Analyze proposal documents for quality of the proposal for reviews and final delivery by performing rigorous quality assurance and compliance checks on draft and final documents
- Participate in offer design, development, and features/benefits analysis
- Ensure that capture team’s strategy, themes, solution, and discriminators are reflected in the proposal
- Coordinate with Proposal Operations Center, contracts, and pricing teams to ensure on-time deliveries of highest quality proposals to customers
- Work collaboratively across the company; gain broad awareness of Noblis' capabilities and discriminators and, where relevant, recommend insertion into proposals
- Oversee quality of end product with Proposal Operations Center team
- Lead post-submission activities such as lessons learned and process assessment; provide timely and immediate feedback to business development and proposal leadership team
- Take an active role in business development process improvement and be willing to take on a variety of other business development support roles beyond proposal management (research, writing, BD metrics reporting, capture training, etc.)
- Ability to act as book boss or proposal coordinator on larger bids
Are you looking to make a difference in the federal government? Are you looking for a career, not just a “job”? Are you passionate about doing what’s right? Do you have experience and skills in acquisition, specifically information technology acquisitions? Then we have a position for you.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, oversight and assessment of deliverables associated with all stages of Information Technology projects for our Federal Government Client. The successful candidate will provide Project Management support to guide projects toward the timely and successful completion of milestones while facilitating team and stakeholder communication. To accomplish this, the Project Manager will review project schedules, validate milestones and facilitate meetings. S/He will also demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and analytical capabilities.