Please note: This posting is in support of possible upcoming opportunities throughout our practice areas supporting DHS Science and Technology Directorate. Our teams are always interested in reviewing excellent, potential colleagues who may be interested in joining our teams in support of future missions. We often have opportunities for professionals at varying levels. If you are interested in being considered for Project Associate opportunities supporting these missions with us, please consider submitting your resume and information.
Technology and threats evolve rapidly in today’s ever-changing environment. In response, DHS S&T was established by Congress to provide innovative scientific and technical solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges. Within S&T, MCS executes Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) to transition solution approaches, technologies, and knowledge products in support of DHS Component customers including U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Secret Service, , the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Federal, State, Local Tribal and Territorial (FSLTT) first responders, and the larger Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE). MCS covers all DHS mission areas and serves 13 discrete customer portfolios.
Noblis is positioned to provide technology and operational solutions to senior decision makers in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate. The DHS S&T Directorate is the primary research and development arm of DHS and manages science and technology research, from development through transition, for the Department's operational components and first responders. Established by Congress to provide innovative solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges, S&T is the core source of scientific and engineering expertise for DHS and is uniquely postured to enhance our nation's security and resilience by providing knowledge products and innovative technology solutions for the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE).
At Noblis and Noblis ESI, we have excellent teams of smart, collaborative, proactive experts and professionals. We are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Office of Mission & Capability Support (MCS).
Noblis is supporting critical missions providing program support, technical and scientific advisory services, financial analysis, and data analytics support.
Our teams of Analysts support the DHS Science and Technology Directorate as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals tackling the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet homeland security threats. DHS S&T relies on critical analysis across the organization, from specific topics of interest to Homeland Security (e.g., biometrics, economic and behavior analsysis, etc), to the business, performance, quality assurance, and organization analysis required to help the directorate meet its strategic goals. The skills of this team are applied across the four pillars of S&T.
The responsibilities of these team members may include:
• Collecting and analyzing data sources,
• Developing and presenting solutions to our client,
• Developing processes,
• Supporting organizational assessments,
• Developing evaluation metrics and processes,
• Performing quality assurance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• 5-10+ years of experience, depending on the level of the role (Note: a M.A. degree may be accepted in place of 2-5 years of experience depending on seniority of the experience)
• SECRET clearance
• Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability
• Expertise in fields of interest to domestic national security, to include one or more of the following: behavioral science, biological threats, chemical threats, explosives, cybersecurity, data science, biometrics, decision science, identity management, modeling/simulation, or related fields.
• Experience in business process engineering, performance management, organizational assessment and evaluation, and quality assurance.
• Experience developing and evaluating metrics which tie to project, program, portfolio, and organization success.
• Experience providing direct or consultant support to major programs or offices which required evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions.
• Project Management Professional certification, Agile ScrumMaster/Project Owner certification, or demonstrated experience in program management.
• Experience providing consistent and clear communication with program managers and leadership.
• Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g., TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD, DNDO/CWMD, USCG, ICE).
• Demonstrated strong technical writing skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Project).
• Candidates with a Secret (Top Secret/SCI) clearance and DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|