As a the Principal Cyber Security Engineer you will support and work closely with government clients on a daily basis. In this position you will leverage your experience in a technical role within an insider threat team. You will analyze existing vulnerabilities and identify mechanisms to detect relevant activity from a SIEM perspective. The analyst will also review newly available information to determine its relevance and potential effect to the enterprise. Deep understanding of how operating systems log various activities that may not be available by default.
Bachelor's and 17 years of experience Or Masters Degree and 10 years of expereince in one or more security related domains
• Splunk experience and architecture familiarity
• Data Loss prevention tools and techniques
• Bachelor's OR Master's degree in a computer science, computer security or related field
• Experience with Computer Science infrastructure logs and operating systems. Specifically experience in Mainframe (Unisys/IBM zOS), Linux and Windows events
• Must possess ability to demonstrate knowledge of the OSI layer and threats associated with each layer
• Technical experience with multiple fields of study including network security and engineering, digital forensics and tools related to those efforts.
• Understand national level Computer Incident Response Capabilities and systems and provide insight which will lead to solutions for operational mission
• Evaluate datasets to devise meaningful transformations to data that solve customer problems
• Computer security expert able to identify solutions to problems and guide teams to develop solutions
• Coordinate with various teams to understand needs and tie those needs to available solutions – ability to present and demonstrate solutions in a meaningful manner to cybersecurity experts for use
• Experience working with agile teams consisting of software engineers, analysts, and data scientists
• Experience with customer-relationship management; previous experience working onsite in a customer environment is a plus
• Excellent writing and communication skills are required
• Great communication and Interpersonal skills
• Prepare and/or contribute to technical reports, memos, analyses and briefings. Plan and manage assigned deliverables
• Support meetings, inter and intra-team communications, and issue resolution with the client and internal/project stakeholder groups
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|