As an engineer and technologist in image processing, machine learning, and/or computer vision with out team, you will be working with our clients to design, create, evaluate, and maintain solutions using your experience and expertise in image processing, machine learning, computer vision and data science. In your role you will work with various teams to research, develop, and deploy solutions for various national security missions spanning identity management, multimedia, and cyber end-to-end systems that are transforming the way law enforcement and intelligence communities handle and analyze information and translate it into actionable intelligence.
You would join Noblis’ identity intelligence group as we continue to grow our software and digital capabilities. Today our team consists of developers, scientists, engineers, researchers, and analysts that have served federal, state, and local government clients on high-consequence problems in analytics, biometrics, AI/machine learning, and forensic science for over 20 years. Our team is engaged across the identity intelligence community and has been instrumental in making our customers’ programs successful in analytics, automation, and digital solutions spanning identity science, AI/machine learning, computer vision, biometrics, forensics, media analytics, systems engineering, software development/integration, DevOps, and cloud technologies.
• You have BA/BS in a technology, engineering, computer science or related discipline
• You have hands-on experience in one or more of the fields of image processing, machine learning, computer vision, and data science
• You have hands-on experience of a broad ranges of technology systems and are able to work with:
- any of the following image processing and computer vision frameworks and libraries: OpenCV
- any of the following AI/machine learning frameworks, statistical packages, and libraries: Tensorflow, Caffe, Amazon Machine Learning, Apache Singa, Torch, Scikit-learn, Microsoft CNTK, Apache Mahout, SQL, d3.js, map-reduce, R, Weka, Orange, as well as open source and other emerging technologies/frameworks
- programming languages and scripting methods including: Python, C, C++, Java, .NET, Bash, AWK
- operating systems: Linux, Windows
- prefer a Linux terminal over a GUI
• You have hands-on experience:
- engineering solutions to optimize, monitor, and measure performance of operational biometric systems
- conducting (and/or leading) research and development of biometric, identity management, and fraud prevention solutions
- developing alternate concepts of operation to improve biometric sample and image quality, including automated image quality assessment, image enhancement, device calibration
- developing software algorithms to assess and improve image quality
- conducting research and assessment to develop technical contributions/guidance for national and international biometrics standards, proposed standards, laws and policies
• You desire to work in an agile and cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive process and experience improvement
• You challenge the status quo, are hungry to explore, evaluate, and understand new technologies, and wish to share insights and mentor your peers
• You possess the ability to qualify for a Secret clearance
Beyond the requirements above, our ideal colleague:
• has advanced their formal education with a MS/PhD specializing in data science, computer vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
• has strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., technical writing)
• has experience working with USG clients, operational components, and stakeholders
• has or are eligible for special access programs
• has hands-on experience with optics, sensors, color management, measuring image quality characteristics
• has hands-on experience with document security features, public key infrastructure (PKI), document imaging, and optical character recognition (OCR)
• complements our existing team, likes solving problems, and is comfortable with ambiguity
• can self manage, has strong self-organization skills, and is eager to contribute
• strives to be an excellent engineer, is eager to explore new technologies, and develop new skills
• is comfortable working with teams across geographic bounds
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|