Please note: This posting is in support of possible upcoming opportunities throughout our practice areas supporting DHS Science and Technology Directorate. Our teams are always interested in reviewing excellent, potential colleagues who may be interested in joining our teams in support of future missions. We often have opportunities for professionals at varying levels. If you are interested in being considered for Project Associate opportunities supporting these missions with us, please consider submitting your resume and information.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) monitors threats to our nation and capitalizes on technological advancements at a rapid pace, developing solutions and bridging capability gaps at a pace that mirrors the speed of life. S&T’s mission is to deliver and transition effective and innovative solutions, methods and insight to meet the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise. S&T oversees basic and applied research, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation activities for DHS.
Noblis is supporting critical missions providing program support, technical and scientific advisory services, financial analysis, and data analytics support.
The Project Associate roles provide Program Management and financial support in the DHS Science and Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals supporting the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet the next homeland security threats.
This Project Associate colleague would oversee, monitor, and support Government-sponsored research programs on leading-edge technologies, prepare purchase requests, track funding and expenditures, and monitor monthly progress and status reports submitted by performing organizations. The employee would also develop status reports, PowerPoint briefings, and read-ahead materials, as well as organize/coordinate meetings, discussions, and seminars. The position may require travel (limited- 6x/year)
• BA/BS degree. Senior roles may require a MS degree.
• 5+ years experience for mid-level roles, and 10+ years experience for lead roles. Experience should include project management, administration, and/or execution experience, preferably supporting technological missions related to national security.
• 3+ years experience for mid-level roles, and 8+ years experience for lead-level roles. Experience overseeing the analysis, design, development, integration, training, testing, documentation, and / or implementation of complex systems on either a matrixed project or direct supervisory capacity.
• Experience with finance, budget and acquisition activities
• Demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
• Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
• Strong written communication, for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Evidence of flexibility and adaptation to changes in processes, requirements, and priorities
• SECRET clearance
• Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability
• Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g. TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD, DNDO, USCG, ICE) either operationally or through program or project management
• Master's or doctoral degree in engineering relevant to national security work, to include aeronautical, chemical, electrical, mechanical, software, or closely-related engineering disciplines
• Project or program management experience
• Expertise in fields of interest to domestic national security, to include one or more of: behavioral science, biological threats, chemical threats, cybersecurity, data science, decision science, explosives, modeling/simulation, system architectures, unmanned aerial systems, or related fields
• Publications, patents, or other demonstrable evidence of expertise in these fields
• Current TOP SECRET clearance, especially with SCI access
• Current DHS access and Suitability
• DAWIA certification (especially Engineering, Test and Evaluation, and/or Science/Technology Manager)
• Experience supporting technology transition from research and development to operational use
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|