As a data scientist within our team, you will be working with our clients to design, create, evaluate, and maintain solutions using your experience and expertise in image processing, machine learning, computer vision, and data science. In your role you will work with various teams to research, develop, and deploy solutions for various national security missions spanning identity management, multimedia, and cyber end-to-end systems that are transforming the way law enforcement and intelligence communities handle and analyze information and translate it into actionable intelligence.
Our team consists of developers, scientists, engineers, researchers, and analysts that have served federal, state, and local government clients on high-consequence problems in analytics, biometrics, AI/ML, and forensic science for over 20 years. Our team is engaged across the intelligence community and has been instrumental in making our customers’ programs successful.
• You have BA/BS in a technology, engineering, computer science or related discipline
• You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the fields of image processing, computer vision, audio synthesis, text generation, machine translation, text-to-speech (TTS)
• You have hands-on experience with some of the following languages and/or tools:
- AI/ML: Tensorflow, Caffe, Keras, Torch, Scikit-learn, Amazon Machine Learning, Microsoft CNTK, Apache Mahout, R, Orange
- Statistics and Viz: R, Matlab, pandas, plotly, Apache Singa, d3.js
- Programming and Scripting: Python3, C, C++, Java, Scala, .NET, Bash, awk
- Operating Systems: Linux, Centos, RHEL, Windows
• You have hands-on experience:
- performing academic and open source literature reviews
- engineering solutions to optimize, monitor, and measure performance of algorithms
- conducting (and/or leading) research and development of ML/AI solutions
• You desire to work in an agile and cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive process and experience improvement
• You challenge the status quo, are hungry to explore, evaluate, and understand new technologies, and wish to share insights and mentor your peers
• You possess a TS security clearance
Beyond the requirements above, our ideal colleague:
• has advanced their formal education with a MS/PhD specializing in data science, computer vision, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
• has strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., technical writing)
• has experience working with USG clients, operational components, and stakeholders
• has or are eligible for special access programs
• has in-depth experience with some of the following:
· optics, sensors, color management, measuring image quality characteristics
· audio, microphones, speech recognition, speech synthesis, linguistics, spectral analysis
· machine translation, word/character embeddings, text generation
• strives to be an excellent engineer, is eager to explore new technologies, and develop new skills
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|