The Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) is a weapons system which produces military intelligence collected by systems such as the U-2 Dragonlady, RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-9 Reaper and MQ-1 Predator. It consists of computer hardware and software connected together in a computer network, devoted to processing and dissemination of information such as images. The successful candidate will support the program office as follows:
• Evaluate current hardware requirements to determine operational safety, suitability, and effectiveness (OSS&E) impacts analysis for proposed hardware for use in the enterprise
• Prepare support documentation, papers, reports, and assessments on evaluated systems
• Provide data for Market Research Reports (Market Space analysis)
• Perform Business Case Analysis (BCA) when developing solutions
• Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to challenging technical problems; develop and present innovative solutions
• Provide technical ideas and guide their deployment toward transition and sustainment planning
• Generate and present findings, presentations, and reports for engagement with government clients, executive leadership, staff support, and internal and external stakeholders
• Conduct cost comparison and benefits analyses of current or projected programs
• Performing life cycle cost analysis
• Itemize cost drivers and offer plans to influence and reduce sustainment costs over the life cycle
• Perform gap analysis to identify process and tool integration needs, system dependencies, and integration points, system interfaces, and data flows
• Apply logistics knowledge to perform various tasks for the planning, development, and implementation of a comprehensive, affordable, and effective systems support strategy
• Recommend and document integration and interoperability standards and best practices
• Assist with the development, execution, and sustainment of agile engineering processes to facilitate the planning, integration, testing, and deployment of multiple patches, upgrades, and new capabilities developed by multiple vendors across multiple environments
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree in engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or other related discipline. Associate's Degree plus 4 years work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree OR 6 years work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
• Must have and maintain an ACTIVE Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Minimum of 3 years experience
• Proficient in oral and written communications skills
• Collaborate well in a team environment.
• Must be sensitive to clients’ needs and be able to develop client relationships
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple environments
• Must be highly adaptable, flexible to meet surge requirements
• Must be able to travel occasionally
• Actively 8570 compliant (Sec+, CISSP, etc)
• MA/MS degree in engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or other related discipline.
• Experience in IT strategy, projects, and programs. Able to develop new ideas, develop strategic relationships and be able to demonstrate understanding of both DoD and IC organization and related system architectures; Experience designing horizontally scalable services and capabilities; Experience with installation of software, updates and security patches, support to application support specialists, and monitoring of systems and log files to ensure appropriate server resource availability
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|