Noblis ESI is hiring for an Infrastructure Technology (IT) Engineer with Top Secret SCI clearances in Chantilly, Virginia.
We are currently seeking a versatile, hands-on Infrastructure Technology (IT) Environment Engineer for our contract supporting the efforts of Business Intelligence for Customer Relationship Management (BI/CRM). This position shall be dedicated to assisting BI/CRM in developing strategies to migrate existing mission critical software systems for customer engagement to new software baselines and the cloud. The ideal candidate is a strong hands-on IT generalist, willing to assume technical leadership in support of the BI/CRM Program Manager, and can thoroughly document 8-10 years of hands-on experience monitoring, installing, configuring, patching, and maintenance of operating systems and software applications. The position is primarily dedicated to providing production-ready IT solutions using services from leading cloud service providers, such as Amazon Web Services. You will also assist BI/CRM in onboarding new cloud services and supporting the creation of new mission support applications.
• Developing and supporting applications in cloud environments and on-premises
• Integrating open source technologies with COTS and/or custom code
• Identifying technology solutions that improve system functionality or efficiency
• Apply industry best practices to deploying applications built around the client’s existing standard solution stacks.
• Facilitate and support architectural discussions with internal customers to understand business requirements in order to select and customize cloud reference architectures to guide the development of “born in the cloud” applications.
• Study the as-is architecture and business requirements of legacy applications in order to assess legacy applications for cloud readiness by examining characteristics, such as loose versus tight coupling, dependencies on enterprise service buses or message-oriented middleware, hardcoded API calls, licensing, network latency, and processor architecture.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts in areas such as wide area networks, directory services, etc. to solve integration challenges as required.
• Provide consulting services and recommendations on the modernization of legacy systems
• Bachelor's degree.
• A minimum of 8 years of overall IT experience.
• 3+ years of experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and/or cloud computing
• Experience directly interfacing with government clients up through senior-level staff to help achieve their objectives by providing management, technical and programmatic support.
• Experience with the Agile development methodology
• Experience with version control tools including such as Git and Subversion
• Experience integrating with API services
• Experience with the Linux operating system and shell scripting
• Experience integrating with SQL databases such as Oracle, Postgres, and MySQL
• Experience with index/search tools such as Elasticsearch and Solr
• Experience with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, etc.
• Experience with installation, configuring, patching, updating, maintaining, and management of all Operating System environments on all hardware platforms.
• Experience with Operating Systems maintenance.
• Able to implement management and performance monitoring software/systems that provide proactive alerts to ensure system availability and proper operations.
• Experience with building hardware/environments to include, but not limited to, production, development, test, staging, and sandbox.
• Experience with the management and monitoring of network device licenses and maintenance agreements.
• Be familiar with ICD 503 security standards and best practices.
• Experience with Life Cycle Management of Hardware, Software, Operating Systems, Software Licensing and be able to make recommendations.
• Be able to perform backup and recovery of applications infrastructure and ensure it can be restored.
• All candidates must have strong communication and writing skills, ability to solve problems independently, and responsible for meeting deadlines.
• The position requires a professional work attitude, ability to communicate openly with management and coworkers, and to work as a team player.
• AWS Cloud Solution Architect or other relevant Certifications
• Experience in service-based architecture and migrating systems/applications to the cloud
• Expertise in designing high performance and available secure cloud application
• Experience with win2008, windows server 2012 & 2016 and Red Hat (RHEL 7.x) operating systems
• CISSP or Security + Certification
• Certification as a Privileged User
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|