Are you looking to make a difference in the federal government? Are you looking for a career, not just a “job”? Are you passionate about doing what’s right? Do you have experience and skills in cyber security, specifically architecting solutions for cyber risks? Then we have a position for you.
This Cyber Security Engineer position supports a large government agency secure their information systems infrastructure. This position focuses on enterprise-wide systems security engineering for public facing web applications and their connection with back-end infrastructure. Additional focus is placed on systems security requirements, systems security architecture development and systems security solution implementation guidance.
As the Cyber Security Engineer you will lead data protection and privacy capabilities and assist our clients with the design and implementation of targeted solutions needed to meet and exceed the requirements of best practice, ethical operations, and established standards.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will:
• Assist clients in designing, deploying and managing technology and process solutions to reduce the potential of data compromise
• Assist clients with developing technical requirements, evaluating vendor solutions, developing architecture & design, and testing of data protection and data security solutions
• Advise clients in understanding the future state problems and challenges in cyber security and work collaboratively with them to enhance capabilities
• Operate as a technical subject matter specialist
• Demonstrate proficiency in systems security engineering techniques such as portfolio analysis, analysis of alternatives, and architecture modeling to support governance activities
• Be up to date on industry trends around cyber risk and data protection practices Lead, conduct analysis and recommend process improvements that fosters agility, innovation and cost savings
• Develop presentations and reports conveying complex information to non-technical audiences
• Provide technical direction and quality review to junior team members in the creation of client deliverables and solutions
• Coordinate with government and contractor resources to develop and implement solutions as a team focused on mission goals
• Bachelor’s in a technical discipline such as Electrical or Systems Engineering, Computer Science, etc. and three years of experience
• Experience with leading implementation teams or hands-on implementation of vulnerability mittigation solutions and process improvements
• Experience in translating NIST 800-53 controls into solutions and operational procedures
• Good understanding of Identity Management
• Good understanding of the Federal Information Security Act (FISMA) and Authority to Operate (ATO) process
• Good understanding of the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
• Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment
• Ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions including expereince analyzing current state quantitative and qualiative data, summarizing findings, developing conclusions, and making strategic recommendations
• Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with williningness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MSProject.
• CISSP Certification
• Proficiency with Microsoft Visio, JIRA, Confluence
• Master’s degree related fields is a plus.
• Agile Certifications
• Experience working with Federal Government clients
• Recognized industry certifications, like CRISC/CISA/CISM, are a plus
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|