We are currently seeking a versatile, hands-on Cloud Solutions Architect for our contract supporting the efforts of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to transform their delivery of Air Traffic Systems. This position shall be dedicated to assisting the FAA in developing strategies to migrate existing mission critical software systems for air traffic management to new infrastructures, including the cloud. The ideal candidate is a strong hands-on IT generalist, willing to assume technical leadership as delegated by FAA civil servants, and can thoroughly document 1-3 years of hands-on experience primarily dedicated to providing production-ready IT solutions using services from leading cloud service providers, such as Amazon Web Services. You will also assist the FAA in onboarding new cloud services and supporting the creation of new “born-in-the-cloud’ applications.
• Create and modify standard cloud reference architectures that apply industry best practices to deploying applications built around the FAA’s existing standard solution stacks.
• Facilitate and support architectural discussions with internal customers to understand business requirements in order to select and customize cloud reference architectures to guide the development of “born in the cloud” applications.
• Study the as-is architecture and business requirements of legacy applications in order to assess legacy applications for cloud readiness by examining characteristics, such as loose versus tight coupling, statefulness versus statelessness, dependencies on enterprise service buses or message-oriented middleware, hardcoded API calls, licensing, network latency, and processor architecture.
• Design an intermediate architecture for cloud-suitable legacy applications to allow migration to the cloud prior to extensive modernization efforts. • Collaborate with subject matter experts in areas such as wide area networks, directory services, etc. to solve integration challenges as required. • Provide consulting services and recommendations on the modernization of legacy systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related degree.
• A minimum of 8 years of overall IT experience.
• 3+ years of experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and/or cloud computing
• Experience with designing/developing network architectures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience directly interfacing with government clients up through senior-level staff to help achieve their objectives by providing management, technical and programmatic support.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple program components and activities simultaneously, independently or as a member or a working group.
• AWS Cloud Solution Architect or other relevant Certifications
• Experience with requirements management and requirements writing in the federal government space
• Familiarity with FAA Air Traffic Systems
• Knowledge of FAA Systems Engineering Manual and/or SE best practices
• Experience in service-based architecture and migrating systems/applications to the cloud
• Expertise in designing high performance and available secure cloud application
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|