Noblis provides systems engineering expertise to help the FAA manage the implementation of large-scale air traffic software and hardware systems which will increase efficiency, reduce delays and congestion, and ensure optimal integration and synergies within the terminal operational environment. We are seeking passionate and motivated candidates to join our team of experts in a challenging and rewarding work environment, where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations to enhance our nation's aviation system. If you want to be involved in implementing complex, data-driven solutions to achieve our nation's vision for modernizing the air traffic environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The Systems Engineer applies comprehensive principles to support the investigation, analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, testing, and evaluation of NAS equipment and procedures, particularly the integration and safety assessment of the ATC system. This would include automation, communications, navigation and surveillance elements of the NAS. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analysis reports, and other technical and safety documentation. May analyze, design, develop, implement and test software related to engineering or functional requirements of NAS and associated support systems. Drafts system/safety project plans, justifications, guidelines, and controls. Recommends development and design changes to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Provides expertise in the transition of legacy systems to modernized systems. Systems engineers with appropriate expertise will support all aspects of FAA safety management activities involving measures to mitigate hazards or reduce risks to an acceptable level, verification that mitigation measures are incorporated into product design and implementation, and assessment of residual risk and any other safety related activities.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the FAA Implementation lead to guarantee overall successful system implementation at FAA facilities
- Ensure facility implementation activities and associated milestones are proceeding on-schedule; solicit facility implementation status from team members
- Serve as the central point of contact for system implementation activities between stakeholders, including the FAA PMO, NATCA, facility personnel, vendor, etc.
- Update, manage and maintain a comprehensive plan, integrated schedule, checklists and templates to ensure team and facility readiness
- Organize and lead events at specified facilities, briefing personnel on program status, schedule, and overall expectations
- Provide FAA oversight support of the system installation and customization performed by the vendor at specified facilities
- Monitor the progress of facility implementation activities, reporting status, risks and issues, mitigation efforts, etc. and escalate as necessary
- Facilitate and manage the review and completion of key program milestones, associated documentation, and deliverables
- Develop and review program technical documentation
- Facilitate meetings with team members
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|