Please note: This posting is in support of possible upcoming opportunities throughout our practice areas supporting DHS Science and Technology Directorate. Our teams are always interested in reviewing excellent, potential colleagues who may be interested in joining our teams in support of future missions. We often have opportunities for professionals at varying levels. If you are interested in being considered for Project Associate opportunities supporting these missions with us, please consider submitting your resume and information.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) monitors threats to our nation and capitalizes on technological advancements at a rapid pace, developing solutions and bridging capability gaps at a pace that mirrors the speed of life. S&T’s mission is to deliver and transition effective and innovative solutions, methods and insight to meet the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise. S&T oversees basic and applied research, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation activities for DHS.
The Communications and Technical writing team support the DHS Science and Technology Directorate as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals tackling the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet homeland security threats. Communication regarding these efforts is of critical importance, from congressional justifications and hearings, to blog posts and websites, to the development and execution of strategic communication plans. The communications team develops material to support all of the offices within the Science and Technology Directorate, but works particularly closely with senior leadership within the organization.
The responsibilities of these team members may include:
• Developing and executing strategic communication plans,
• Developing and delivering targeted communications and messaging materials,
• Developing communications materials for publication, internet, strategic initiatives, user manuals, training materials, installation guides, functional system descriptions, special reports, white papers, reports, etc.,
• Assisting with tracking, monitoring and providing status reports on legislative activities in Congress and State governments as appropriate. This support includes monitoring legislation and hearings or helping to edit and assemble background materials for briefing books.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• 1-10+ years of experience, depending on the level of the role (Note: a M.A. degree may be accepted in place of 2-5 years of experience depending on seniority of the applicant)
• SECRET clearance
• Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability
• Demonstrated strong technical writing skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated experience writing concise and clear copy according to established standards.
• Experience providing direct or consultant support to major programs or offices which require varying types of strategic and local communications.
• Experience providing consistent and clear communication with program managers and leadership.
• Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g., TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD, DNDO/CWMD, USCG, ICE).
• Experience developing communications materials for publication, internet, strategic initiatives, user manuals, training materials, installation guides, functional system descriptions, special reports, white papera, reports, etc.
• Experience creating and managing content on networks and web platforms (e.g. social media).
• Experience in designing, implementing, and managing/executing strategic communication plans, initiatives, and campaigns.
• Knowledge and experience with print and electronic media campaigns.
• Experience with stakeholder engagement and management.
• Experience providing web publishing support including creating/updating web publishing Standard Operating Procedures, preferably for DHS.
• Demonstrated excellence with Microsoft Office.
• Candidates with a Secret (Top Secret/SCI) clearance and DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.
Noblis and Noblis ESI are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Over the past two decades, Noblis has consistently earned wide recognition:
1. Best Employer: We have been a Washington Post “Top Workplace” for 5 consecutive years (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014) including the three among the top 10. We’ve also been recognized by Glassdoor “Best Medium-Sized Company to Work For” for 2 years, and many similar awards in previous years
2. Business Ethics and Integrity: A “World’s Most Ethical Company” for 7 years by Ethisphere Institute, and a Finalist at the Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards
3. Leadership and Innovation: CEO Amr ElSawy selected to Executive Mosaic’s annual Wash 100 List, CEO Amr ElSawy named as a “Tech Titan” by the Washingtonian Magazine
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|