The selected individual will be an integral member of a team of physicists, engineers and data scientists working primarily with the DHS/CWMD. A successful candidate will be a self-motivated, multi-faceted individual with a desire to have an impact across a broad spectrum of technical and analytical solutions. The candidate will share in team responsibilities and will help deliver algorithms and/or analytical assessments to advance and integrate an array of customer analytic efforts. The candidate will work closely with federal sponsors and national laboratory scientists solving advancing the science of nuclear detection and the analysis of big data associated with their collection.
• Answer a diverse set of analytical questions in the field of nuclear forensics
• Working in a group to develop processes to prepare, process, and analyze diverse datasets
• Communicate findings with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Interface with senior government officials as well as national laboratory experts
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field required
• Advanced degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field preferred
• Ability to gain a working knowledge of the scientific and engineering principles key to nuclear forensics
• Strong applied statistics and data visualization skills
• Strong analytic and creative personal solving abilities
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills with ability to spread time across a few projects if needed
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Knowledge of and experience with government and industry radiation detection technologies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data analytics, big data, graph analysis, and predictive model systems.
• Strong advanced, technical writing skills and experience preparing high-quality professional manuscripts, reports, and presentations are highly desired.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|