Noblis is helping the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation’s aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation’s aviation vision, this is the job for you!
The Engineer will be focused on supporting the FAA in modernizing existing air traffic control communications capabilities. The Engineer will analyze and assess technical solutions, designs, create requirements for effective planning and implementation, and facilitate communication across various FAA organizations and current and potential vendors to identify, design, and evaluate potential communications solutions for the NAS. The Engineer will support FAA’s engineering and operations teams as needed during acquisitions of communications solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent
• At least 10 years of experience in test and evaluation, system architecture and system design
• At least 5 years of experience in test and evaluation of communications networks.
• Experience in configuring and troubleshooting IP networks, VoIP devices, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) over IP devices, analog voice interfaces, serial interfaces, and LAN/WAN architectures
• Strong test background with IP networks and wireless transport technologies, e.g. LTE/VSAT
• Knowledge and experience with satellite communications and interfaces
• Excellent organization, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
• 5 years of experience with National Airspace System (NAS) systems.
• Experience with radar systems, weather systems, Terminal and En-Route voice systems, IP-based systems, Voice-over-IP (VoIP) systems and NAS support systems
• Familiarity with WAN technologies including MPLS and SDN
• Capable of performing system requirements analysis, performance analysis, and test preparation
• Strong skills in the writing of test procedures and test plans
• Experience with exploratory testing of systems and software
• Experience with network performance tools such as XENA and/or SmartBits
• Experience with VoIP tools such as the GL line of products (MAPS, etc.) and/or VOTER
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|