Noblis is currently seeking a Transportation Engineer, Planner, or Policy Analyst for our Surface Transportation Team.
Do you want to be involved with making automated and connected vehicles a reality? How about helping to manage federal programs that use state of the art communications and information technologies to make our roads smarter and connect our vehicles with each other and the roadside? Are you the type of person who likes solving difficult problems with a requisite attention to technical detail? Would you like to be actively engaged in a challenging and rewarding work environment, working with smart, passionate, and motivated people at the intersection of technology and operations for the national surface transportation system? If you answer “yes” to all of the above, this is the job for you!
This is an opportunity for someone with a background and experience in transportation to support the USDOT Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) programs. Noblis provides technical and programmatic support to the USDOT ITS Joint Program Office (JPO) planning and conducting research activities, coordinating technology deployment programs, and seeking disruptive innovation to transform the increasingly connected and automated world of surface transportation systems.
As a member of this dynamic team you will participate in the following activities:
• Analyzing the potential of emerging transportation systems technologies and their implications including: connected and automated vehicles, wireless communications technologies, e-payment systems, data management systems, and advanced sensors.
• Writing research, economic analysis, training, and program evaluation white papers and presentations
• Assisting USDOT program managers with technical and programmatic activities
• Infrequent domestic and international travel (less than 5% of days per calendar year)
• BS required; MS preferred. Degree(s) in a field such as: Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering/Planning, Urban Planning, Economics, Public Policy, or a related field
• 2-5 years of experience with ITS or related technologies
• Strong analytical ability required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Strong professional, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Candidate demonstrates the following:
• Writes a variety of technical documents and prepares and presents briefings
• Works independently to determine approach to and technical objectives of work assignments
• Ensures client objectives for quality, schedule, and budget are met or exceeded through direct and creative approaches
• Interacts with client representatives on technical and project matters
• Identifies and develops solutions to program problems
Preferred Qualifications - An understanding of, and familiarity with, the following is a plus:
• Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
• Connected and/or automated vehicle technologies
• Benefit costs analysis for transportation projects
• Experience with data analysis and visualization tools
Noblis and Noblis ESI are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. As an independent, nonprofit organization, we bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Our work makes an impact ensuring our nation’s vitality and security.
Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Noblis employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Over the past two decades, Noblis has consistently earned wide recognition:
1. Best Employer: We have been a Washington Post “Top Workplace” for 4 consecutive years, including the last three among the top 10. We’ve also been recognized by Glassdoor “Best Medium-Sized Company to Work For” for 2 years, and received many similar awards in previous years.
2. Business Ethics and Integrity: We have been recognized by Ethispere Institute as a “World’s Most Ethical Company” for 7 years, and a Finalist at the Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards.
3. Leadership and Innovation: Our Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Amr ElSawy, was selected to Executive Mosaic’s annual Wash 100 List and as a “Tech Titan” by the Washingtonian Magazine. Additionally, Noblis’ Chief Technology Officer (CTO) was recognized as a “Trending 40 CIO” in the DC Area.
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|