Do you want to be involved with turning the nation’s aviation vision into reality? How about helping to manage FAA programs that use state of the art communications and information technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world? Would you like to be actively engaged in a challenging and rewarding work environment, working with smart, passionate, and motivated people at the intersection of technology and operations for our nation’s aviation system? If you answer “yes” to all of the above, this is the job for you!
This is an opportunity for someone with a background and experience in technical and program management support for a key Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Program Office. This position requires the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities, strong organizational skills, and the ability to coordinate among senior managers and technical professionals. You will play a key role in managing and coordinating technical and programmatic subject matter experts to meet agency goals and objectives. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction using current industry standard project management principals/disciplines to this Noblis FAA team in all contracted support areas
- Provide technical and programmatic expertise for the Program Manager and Chief Engineer
- Coordinate the development of requirements to pass to the vendor, analyze the proposed solution, and provide oversight to ensure contractual compliance with the delivered service
- Prepare executive level technical, programmatic and strategy level briefings and represent the Program Manager and/or the Chief Engineer at those meetings as needed
- Coordinate initiatives across all contract staff and ensure quality control of deliverables, orders, activities, actions, risks, issues, work products and deliverables, implementation schedules, and ad hoc executive level correspondence
- Communicate regularly with the Noblis Program Management to ensure effective coordination of actions identified by FAA Program Manager
- Prepare service level and executive level briefings to communicate strategic vision, tactical implementation, program status, and ad hoc correspondence
- Pro-actively identify and coordinate intersections between numerous broad reaching FAA stakeholder communities to ensure the successfully delivery of enterprise cloud computing services
- Knowledge of processes and procedures of frequency interference analysis
- Experience working with National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related fields or management with IT focus preferred
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on program management experience managing technical programs preferably for the government or large corporation
- Technical experience in telecommunications, particularly satellite communications, software development, and enterprise-level system deployments
- Very Strong client management, time management and organizational skills
- Well-versed in all aspects of project management, including risk management and earned value management
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
- Strong skills in MS Office suite
- Schedule flexibility, energy, and pro-activeness
- Applied FAA experience is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of SharePoint applications and content management
- Experience in material management
- Experience in logistics
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|