Noblis is seeking qualified technical interns for our 2018 Summer Internship Program. This opportunity will entail working with our Economic Analytics team in testing hypotheses of client engagements, and
• Apply the breadth of decision science – technology, analytics, SME judgement, procedures, structure, problem solving
• Work on real problems with no pre-determined solutions
• Obtain experience with information gathering to gain understanding, idea development, and effective communication of ideas/feasible solutions
• Gain practical experience in the management consulting environment
• Interface with professionals from a variety of backgrounds
• Opportunity to interact and learn from world-leading experts and researchers
Intern Project goals:
• An analysis of the impact of how we define problems on the quality of the solution or quality of implementing the solution
• A set of interview questions related to the hypotheses, created using background information and through collaboration with the team
• Results from interviews and behavioral observations of points of contact from a range of domains (acquisitions, DOD, telecom, transportation, USPS, etc.)
• Results from tests of hypotheses
• A pilot that tests methods for defining a comprehensive problem statement
• A problem statement to decision framework that can be broken into milestones
Your contributions will make an enduring impact in the areas of National Security & Intelligence, Enterprise Transformation, Environmental Sustainability, Transportation (Air and Ground), Telecommunications, Health Care Innovation, Noblis Sponsored Research, and Corporate Business Operations.
Noblis is consistently recognized as a “Great Place to Work” and “One of the Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For" by Glassdoor, Entrepreneur and The Great Place to Work Institute. For 2017 Noblis was recognized as the top ranked government contractor on the Washington Post's 2017 Top Workplaces listing - Noblis has been recognized on this distinguished listing for the 4th consecutive year.
What you bring to the table:
Noblis does not provide temporary housing or subsidize the cost of temporary housing for summer interns.
We recommend George Mason University: https://housing.gmu.edu/summer-mason
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|