Noblis MSD’s mission is to support the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWCPD) and their missions’ to enable research, development, test and evaluation, acquisition, engineering, systems integration, in-service and fleet engineering with cybersecurity, comprehensive logistics, and life-cycle savings.
Noblis MSD is seeking a Controls Engineer to support a U.S. Navy program, working both independently and within a team of engineers on complex Naval engineering projects. The candidate's roles and responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing state of the art systems for implementation onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Provide software and hardware engineering, to including design, development, testing, and troubleshooting of shipboard control systems and components.
- Develop equipment integration designs for supervisory control systems, simulators/stimulators, and other test tools/systems.
- Improve existing communication interfaces and/or develop new interfaces between control systems and new or modified ship systems.
- Develop technical documentation as it relates to control systems engineering and control systems interfaces.
- Design/develop human/machine and machine/machine interfaces to support the integration of new ship systems.
- Design and implement test tools to suport software development and integration of ship systems with machinery control systems.
- Design, implement, debug, and test software (primarily C/C++, .NET) to suppor the integration of ship systems.
- Configure and test software updates on land based test facilities in preparation for ship deliveries.
- Utilize PLC ladder logic code, as well as othr high level programming languages, to develop software programs.
- Provide remote and/or on-site technical support for the testing, troubleshooting, and/or installation of control systems software, Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), and software loads for PLC processors and cards, and circuit level firmware.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
Minimum 3 years professional engineering experience
Prior experience with industrical controls for mechanical and/or electrical systems, to including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
PLC configuration, commissioning, and programming experience
Object-oriented programming experience
Experience with Siemens PLCs preferred, but not required
.NET and/or C++ programming preferred, but not required
SQL programming and database development preferred, but not required
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Independent problem-solving ability a plus
Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
Qualified candidates may be eligible for a signing bonus.
At Noblis, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections. Regular full and part time staff are incentive plan eligible.
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|