Noblis MSD’s mission is to support the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWCPD) and their missions’ to enable research, development, test and evaluation, acquisition, engineering, systems integration, in-service and fleet engineering with cybersecurity, comprehensive logistics, and life-cycle savings.
Noblis MSD is seeking a Systems Engineer to support a U.S. Navy program. Within this role, you will be part of an in-service engineering and software development team, which is an evolving Agile-based release and deployment environment. The team develops software and supports a Machinery Control System (MCS) software suite and network whose application is a U.S. Navy warship. The duties and responsibilities of the candidate will include the following:
1. Grow within the role to become a subject matter expert in marine Machinery Control Systems (MCS) that interface with various other propulsion, electrical, auxiliary systems and equipment.
2. Perform software requirements reviews and updates, design and implementation review, testing, deployment, configuration management, information assurance, delivery, release, and troubleshooting through the Navy's Systems Engineering Process (SEP).
3. Provide engineering / software engineering, integration, and testing to include technical analysis, technical interchange meetings, collaborative engineering, and development of test and analysis tools.
4. Review and provide technical advice on technical documentation submissions for systems development optimization.
5. Provide engineering and technical advisement regarding problem definition, analysis, requirements updates, and implementation for complex systems to meet technical requirements.
6. Provide assessment and recommendations on system development, improvements, optimization, and/or technical support efforts.
7. Perform risk assessments and analysis employing modeling and simulation techniques.
8. Support the identification, tracking, and resolution of systems engineering issues related to technical interfaces, technology insertion/design improvements, software bugs, and hardware issues.
9. Prepare technical presentations and briefings to address program issues and updates. Participate in technical design reviews and technical review boards.
10. Troubleshoot and test software products, and generate test reports, troubleshooting steps, and findings.
11. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans for identified cost, schedule, and technical issues.
12. Support transition of developmental efforts into production, perform verification and validation testing for software deliveries, and execute system level testing in simulated shipboard environment.
13. Be a point of technical escalation and resolution during the project lifecycle as it relates to technical decisions.
14. Travel (approximately 20%) to shipyards to support software installations, troubleshooting, and test events.
BS Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
Minimum of 3 years of professional engineering and/or software development experience.
Familiarity with Systems Engineering principles.
Familiarity with Agile software development processes.
Prior experience with U.S. Navy engineering programs and shipboard systems a plus.
Familiarity and/or experience with industrial control systems a plus.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Candidates will be cleared at a DoD Secret level or able to be cleared at that level.
Qualified candidates may be eligible for a signing bonus.
At Noblis, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections. Regular full and part time staff are incentive plan eligible.
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|