Noblis MSD’s mission is to support the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) and, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWCPD) and their missions’ to enable research, development, test and evaluation, acquisition, engineering, systems integration, in-service and fleet engineering with cybersecurity, comprehensive logistics, and life-cycle savings.
Noblis MSD is recruiting for a Systems Engineer position supporting Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE). This position will work with acquisition program managers, R&D specialists, and other engineers in supporting a new ship class acquisitions program at NSWCPD. This position will develop prototype digital models of ship systems, address design tradeoffs and integration challenges, and support validation and verification of requirements. This position will require proficiency in MBSE methods and employment of software such as Cameo System Modeler.
1. Create models of ship Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems based on preliminary design, available data, and research
2. Define, track, and validate requirements of ship systems, interfaces, and subsystems
3. Architect hierarchy of models
4. Create structural and interface models
5. Design a physical model of machinery systems for use in creation of Land Based Test and Engineering Sites
6. Develop model data tools to capture model metadata, model test case data, and model test results in a standardized MBSE construct
7. Adapt model data tools to capture physical testing metadata, physical test case data, and physical test results
8. Track requirements and project deliverables, coordinate schedules, and support acquisition program objectives
1. Proficiency in developing and maintaining models of complex electrical and mechanical systems
2. Proficiency in using SysML modeling software such as Cameo System Modeler
3. Familiarity with MATLAB and Simulink
4. Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measurable benefit to our customers
5. Ability to communicate complex analysis with clarity and precision
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills
8. Shipboard or industrial experience with machinery system installation, operational testing, troubleshooting, and repair is preferred
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
1. OMG SysML Model Builder Fundamental Certification
2. U.S. Navy HM&E Experience
1. Successful applicants must either have an active government Secret security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptance.
2. Must have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptance.
3. Travel up to 25%.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university
2. 5 or more years of experience in engineering
3. 2 or more years of experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Want to know about available job opportunities at Noblis? Want to receive personalized alerts with jobs that match your skills and interests? Join the Noblis Talent Connection.|